Re: [Plugins-writers] weird Qmail smtp error

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 04:50:51 PDT

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 09:45:29PM +1300, Jason Haar wrote:

>> As it's coded, smtpscan.nasl only generates a report if report verbosity
>> is set to verbose, report paranoia is paranoid, or experimental scripts
>> is enabled.
>>

> OK... but that is inconsistent with the Web checks - i.e. the same scan
> reported we had IIS servers - not just "A Web server is running"...

Are you referring to www_fingerprinting_hmap.nasl or something else?
Both are experimental but, yes, it does seem inconsistent in that for
www_fingerprinting_hmap.nasl you can also get a report by enabling
thorough testing while that won't work for smtpscan.nasl.

Michel Arboi is the author for both scripts. Perhaps he'll respond or
you can ask him directly.

George
--
theall@private