FC: Business Week's Salkever: Let's profile airline passengers

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 11:37:26 PDT

    Some history, from an article I wrote 2.5 years ago:

        WASHINGTON -- A US$2.8-billion monitoring system championed by Vice
        President Gore will use computer profiles to single out airline
        passengers for investigation and scrutiny.
        Airlines will use a secret algorithm to compare travelers' personal
        data to profiles of likely terrorists, according to a new proposed
        federal regulation. Other travelers will be chosen at random. [...]

    ----