FC: Judge reportedly sentences blind Israeli hackers to jail, probation

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 06:42:15 PST

    Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:26:07 -0800
    From: BOAZ GUTTMAN <boazgat_private>
    Subject: Blind hacker was sent to 64 Month in Jail in Israel today
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>

    IL CyberCops Newsletter Sepecial edition 13/11/01
    Backround
    <http://www.ishitech.co.il/nov99ar2.htm>http://www.ishitech.co.il/nov99ar2.htm
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2074850,00.html
    <http://www.infowar.com/hacker/99/hack_102199b_j.shtml>http://www.infowar.com/hacker/99/hack_102199b_j.shtml

    Badir verdict 13/11/01 1500.In District Court Tel Aviv Israel.
    The Honorable Judge Miss. Saviona Rot - Levi.
    At 1500 the judge called the three blind hackers:"Please stand up".She
    ordered the verdict the bottom line.After reading 37 pages of the
    verdict.Criticism inside judges in Israel called the Cyber Crime a huge
    crime in their verdicts and giving easy punishmens in the end.She called as
    example the Analyzer (Pentagon Hacker)case as such contrast build inside
    the verdict of Kfar Saba Magistrate Court got public service.The Largo Case
    recieved 60 days for hacking.She said such verdicts will lead to
    decriminalization of the cyber crimes.Between other things inside her
    verdict she said about the EU Cyber Crime Convention - took from the
    draft(In english inside the Hebrew version attached here).She sent the big
    one Mundir to 64 month in Jail inside + condition+ fine.The second brother
    to 6 month in public service + condition +fine.The third one - his verdict
    will be in the end of 30 days from today because she the judge want that an
    probation officer will check him.Mundir the master hacker is in jail from
    june 1999 will stay in jail inside till the begining of 2003.
    note:You are now the first to get the verdict from the flopy I took from
    the clerck.a second after it the system in the President of the court hall
    crashed...I ask the judge for a picture of her she replied that she have
    not here.That she sent once to the court administration a picture.I told
    her tranee that her picture is not in the court website.They handle the
    info there very bad.Not the first time i see the court website is like in
    an old stile.Waste of time...Their spokewoman doent know her job...Even
    such important verdict she has not in her corner in their site...I still
    prepare an article concern this case.Will be also in English.Again she said
    in her verdict today that the police could not discover all his criminal
    activities i mean Mundir.
    regards.

    BOAZ GUTTMAN ADV.
    3 , HATAVOR ST.