FC: Replies to "free Prozac in the mail draws a lawsuit"

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 18:54:30 PDT

    Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:48:05 -0400
    From: "Eric M. Freedman" <lawemfat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: Free Prozac in the mail draws a lawsuit, from NYT
    To: declanat_private

    -I would think the problem is that they rummaged in her drug records to
    find her to target.  Suppose they did that, and wrote "Dear former Prozac
    user: We see you have taken our pills and have now stopped.  Perhaps that
    was because of side effects. Here is our latest and greatest new pill. Try
    this one."
    All of this means that she is in a marketer's database (sharable) as a
    person with depression. Suppose it were AIDS, or VD, or whatever? -E.

    ---