FC: Announcing the "GULFWAR-2" discussion list

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 08:21:36 PST

    From: Andy Carvin <acarvinat_private>
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: introducing the GULFWAR-2 list
    Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:14:31 -0500

    Hi Declan,

    I just wanted to let you know I've set up a new listserv for people to share
    news from the war. I was the coordinator of the SEPT11INFO list on September
    11, and I thought it would be a good idea to set up a similar independent
    forum today.

    thanks,
    Andy Carvin
    acarvinat_private

    Introducing the GULFWAR-2 Discussion Group

    (please feel free to redistribute)

    As the war in Iraq enters its first full official day, I have decided to
    volunteer and establish GULFWAR-2, an email forum to give people around the
    world the opportunity to share news, questions and comments about the war
    directly with each other. I am especially interested in seeing the
    discussion group used as a way of disseminating news from non-mainstream,
    alternative media outlets, though news from all sources will be welcome.

    I am not setting up this list specifically as either a pro-war or anti-war
    forum, but merely a place where people can share information and ideas with
    each other and engage in constructive discussion. The forum itself is
    independent of any funding or political/organizational affiliation. For the
    immediate short term the list will be unmoderated in order to allow for the
    most rapid distribution of news and information; if it becomes warranted
    later on, I may enlist a group of volunteers moderators to help manage the
    flow of traffic.

    To join the list, simply send an email to

    gulfwar-2-subscribeat_private

    You'll then be added to the list. You can also join the list or follow the
    discussion via the list's homepage on yahoogroups:

    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by email.

    Thanks for your interest,
    ac

    Andy Carvin
    Senior Associate