FC: Is Iraq's Internet still functioning?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 09:00:10 PST

    Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:01:53 -0500
    From: "David A." <daltenhoat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: Iraqi Internet still functioning? -- for politechbot

    [Please post if you feel it is appropriate. Cross posted to Dave Farber's list]

    Declan-

    I was curious to see the effectiveness of the Pentagon's purported cyberwar
    initiative against Iraq. I would assume it has already started. I checked
    Google and Lycos for domains ending in .iq, but wasn't able to locate a
    single site with that country code. I wondered if your readers might know
    of a site actually hosted in Iraq. Perhaps I haven't been able to find one
    since I'm searching on English rather than Arabic terms. If there are no
    Web sites hosted, perhaps there is a server somewhere we can ping.

    Cheers,

    David Altenhof