FC: AccuCard/Corex replies to Politech, pledges to protect privacy

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 14:40:29 PDT

    "Jim Harper replies to AccuCard service, privacy invasion, marketing"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-04840.html

    FYI Corex==Cardscan.net==Accucard.

    From: "Weyman, Peter" <Weymanat_private>
    To: "'Jim Harper - Privacilla.org'" <jim.harperat_private>,
        declanat_private
    Cc: hmurrayat_private
    Subject: RE: AccuCard Service: More privacy invasion (and viral marketing?
             )
    Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:33:21 -0400

    Jim:

    Thank you for sending this on. Just to be very clear, Corex:

      . will *never* rent or sell your personal information
        to any other party.
      . will *never* rent or sell the personal information
        of your business contacts.
      · will *never* use your personal information, or that
        of your contacts in a way that we don't tell you
        about *before* you give us the information.

    You make a good point about our privacy statement, and I'll
    endeavor to have the statement updated to make it very clear
    that: /i/ we will use information only in accordance with the
    privacy policy under which the information was collected, and
    /ii/ we will provide ample notice if a change is made.

    Regards,
    Peter.

    Peter J Weyman
    Vice President, R&D