FC: Thanks for your help! Comcast unblocks mail from The Well

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 11:39:17 PDT

    Thanks to everyone who helped persuade Comcast to fix their error.
    Particular thanks should go to the Comcast managers and technicians on
    Politech who replied to me privately and said they were working internally
    to fix the problem.

    It's good that Comcast backed down. But not all sites that are wrongly
    blocked by large ISPs are going to be able to get the attention of senior
    managers at the ISP and fix the problem that way.

    The Hippocratic Oath requires doctors to pledge not to use their skills to
    harm others. Wouldn't it be wonderful if companies providing mail service
    voluntarily pledged to adhere to a similar set of principles for dealing
    with spam? ("I pledge not to blacklist entire Internet service providers."
    And so on.)