FC: Spamcop blacklists truthout.org (for a good reason?)

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 11:11:01 PDT

    From: "Ben" <bmwat_private>
    To: <declanat_private>
    Subject: Spamcop blacklists truthout.org
    Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:55:05 -0400

    I thought I'd let you know about this considering your dealings with
    Spamcop, but speaking only for myself I have to tell you that the issue may
    not be as simple to judge as it was when Spamcop blacklisted Politech.
    That's mostly because, despite never signing up for truthout's newsletter, I
    get it regularly. I don't know how it happened, and I'm certain no one I
    know would've had any reason to sign me up. I also know there was never any
    verification e-mail telling me someone had subscribed with this address. I
    suppose it's been almost 2 years since I started getting them.

    Anyway, I might not admire the obvious bias of the site itself, but it's not
    particularly out of the ordinary in online 'news blog' sites, and the main
    reason I don't mind receiving them, and don't plan to remove myself from the
    list, is that truthout basically just sends out links to news articles from
    places like the NY Times site and the Washington Post, which means I spend
    less keeping up with them.

    Just FYI,
    Ben