[Politech] More on Belkin and unsolicited router-ads

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 21:39:53 PST

    Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:44:13 +0100
    From: R e m b e r t    O l d e n b o o m <rembert@floating-point.nl>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>
    Subject: Re: [Politech] Belkin responds to router-advertisement controversy
      [sp]

    Hi,

    Jeezz... here in the Netherlands we have a saying: 'turning a musquito into an
    elephant'. That's just what's hapening here. I've installed numerous Belkin
    routers and yes, I've seen the Parental advertisement. I've always regarded
    this as an optional feature during the installation process. Although I *hate*
    spam and do fight spam actively I haven't thought about this being spam for
    even a split second. Couldn't that usenet group find more important isuses to
    make a fuzz about? Besides, one can argue if this is spam after all. I don't
    think it is and I have no complaints towards Belkin regarding this (nor
    regarding their hard/software btw and their support is great).

    Rembert Oldenboom
    Netherlands

    ---