[Politech] Hiawatha Bray on why it was OK for FBI to visit John Young [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 06:18:01 PST

    From: "Hiawatha Bray" <watha@private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan@private>
    Subject: RE: [Politech] Cryptome's John Young describes visit by two FBI agents
    Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:26:43 -0500

    I'm waiting for an explanation of why this matters.  The FBI goes around
    asking people questions.  Happens every day.  That's how they do their jobs.
    If a couple of agents wanted to ask me questions, I'd let 'em, and answer
    any such questions that I felt were appropriate.  I have nothing against
    these guys doing their jobs, and don't understand why people would approach
    such a situation with chips on their shoulders.  If these agents did
    anything wrong here, I must have missed it.  So what's the big deal?

    Hiawatha