RE: PGP scripting (reprise)

From: Robert B. Morson (robert.morsonat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 08:38:56 PST

    This is just a guess, but here goes:

    Windows 95 and 98 use the same type of DOS as you could buy stand-alone
    many, many years ago (like DOS 6.22).

    Windows NT 4.0, 2000 and XP all use a DOS emulation, there is no longer a
    "division" between DOS and the Windows OS, like there was with 95 and 98.
    It is fairly common for DOS programs that ran under 95 and 98 to have
    problems with NT 4.0, 2000 and XP.  Has to do with the fact that emulation
    is not the same thing as the original.

    Hope this information helps.

    -Robert