RE: Some questions on DES Encryption...

From: Jeremy Epstein (jeremy.epsteinat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 09:24:42 PST

    Depends on why you're asking.  If you're researching crypto,
    sci.crypt.research is probably a better place to ask.  If you're worried
    about someone attacking our crypto, you're worried about the wrong thing.
    Even 56 bit DES is strong enough that an attacker will almost always attack
    something else before they attack the crypto.