RE: Password Hiding

From: Larry Reedy (lreedy@engage-now.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 08:10:23 PDT

    It has been my understanding that if you hardcode passwords, keys, etc in
    source code that a hacker would only need to attach a debugger to the
    software to figure out what they are.  If the users password is associated
    with the system logon and the user has administrator rights on a domain
    then this could seriously compromise an entire network.

    -Larry