Job Opening for Sr. Network Security Engineer

From: Wendy Cutler (wendy.cutlerat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 11:53:49 PST

    Hello All!

    My name is Wendy Cutler and I am a technical recruiter for Globalstar.
    We have a full time opening for a Sr. Network Security Engineer and I
    wanted to run it by you!

    A bit more about Globalstar:  We provide simple, dependable, and
    affordable global satellite-based personal telecommunications.
    Globalstar extends traditional  mobile and fixed phone services
    intelligently, giving people the flexibility to make both satellite and
    cellular calls, through one phone, virtually anywhere in the world.  You
    can visit our website at www.globalstar.com.  I have included the job
    desc below.  The salary is open, DOE.

    I look forward to talking with you!  Thanks so much!

    Wendy Cutler
    Technical Recruiter
    Globalstar Services Company, Inc.
    3200 Zanker Road, Building 260
    San Jose,  CA  95134
    408-933-4190 (direct dial)
    wendy.cutlerat_private
    www.globalstar.com

    *Responsible for the overall security administration of the company’s
    information systems.

    *Technical and project lead for design, upgrade and maintenance of
    firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other network security
    hardware and software.  Support testing and troubleshooting of LAN and
    WAN security, including vulnerability analysis.  Consult on the use of
    network protocols and applications with respect to security
    implications.

    *Monitor security of systems (review logs, password usage, etc.); notify
    management of any issues, and implement solutions as necessary.

    *Write security policies, procedures and reports.

    Requirements:
    *5-8 years experience with each of the following:  Unix, networking (LAN
    and WAN) and information security

    *In-depth knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP suite)

    *In-depth knowledge of information security protocols, as well as
    current security issues (typical attacks, etc.)

    *Experience with Checkpoint Firewall a plus

    Education Requirements:
    *Bachelors degree, preferably in a technical discipline.