Re: Job question.

From: Paxus (paxusat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 13:26:42 PST

    To know security very well, you have to know networking very well. I've been
    in the industry for a while, mostly in the financial aspect, and while you
    may have a degree, they'd rather have practical experience. You may have to
    start out with some practical experience as a network engineer. Breaking
    into a system doesn't mean you know anything about security, a script can do
    that. If you want to prove you can do something, you sometimes have to prove
    that you've either done it (in a REAL working environment) or that you've
    done something comparable or lesser and have a certification in what you're
    looking to do.
    They don't hire people because they SAY they can do something, if so, i'd be
    President.