Re: Job question.

From: Eleanor Harris (Eleanor.Harris@EVOLUTION-PLC.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 02:41:59 PST

    Hello all,

    Interesting questions and answers flying around; tips for candidates
    from an HR recruitment person who comes from a 'head-hunter' background
    with technical knowledge also.

    1.	Quite right - never lie - especially if you are going for a security
    role - it
    	will be found out either at interview or if the company does
    background
    	searches to verify all qualifications / job roles and salaries as we
    do. We
    	also ask for examples of work which gives you a great insight as to
    how
    	you code / plan a project etc. If you are going for a security role
    and there
    	is even a hint of a lie on your CV you are going to be binned.

    2.	Further yourself as and when you can - either through courses or by
    	building your own Linux network at home - I have given the thumbs up
    	to people who have proof and are continuously pushing their
    knowledge boundaries
    	either in the technical sense of if you work for a consultancy in
    the business sense also

    3.	If you don't like the way an agency or 'head-hunter' is dealing with
    you then
    	either go direct or move to another agency. It is always better to
    get an agency
    	who have been recommended to you.

    4.	There are hundreds of ways to get to the end goal of getting a top
    job - some
    	go through the proper educational channels, some have landed on
    their
    	feet in other ways but hard work and knowing the right people. If
    you are keen,
    	enthusiastic, able and hard working that is all an employer can
    really ask for.

    5.	Have a clear career goal in mind - people like to see a bit of drive
    in individuals
    	with goals and objectives set that you want to achieve. It also give
    the potential
    	employer an clear idea as to what you want to do to see if they can
    match your
    	expectations.

    I hope this helps anyone who is looking for a new role out there. Please
    feel free to rip
    my comments to shreds!!

    Regards,

    Eleanor