Re: Jobs thread

From: Sean Michael Whipkey (highwayat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 14:04:09 PST

    Alfred Huger wrote:
    > Does anyone here have experiance with large job boards like Kforce.com,
    > Monster.com, Jobsharks.com etc?

    I've had some.

    > If so, we would love to hear your experiances in terms of security related
    > jobs. Successes, failures, hassles and what have you..

    Across the board they were extremely disappointing.  Most of the people
    posting seemed to not even know how to do so properly, e-mail addresses
    bounced, and the such.  Some recruiters refused to take a resume in text
    format, insisting it must be in Word format.  Many called me or e-mailed
    me, promised the world, then disappeared forever.

    I would never go that route again.  I'd check to see what companies are
    hiring and go to them directly.

    SeanMike

    --
    SeanMike Whipkey - highwayat_private - http://www.cstone.net
    Engineering Department, Cornerstone Networks, Inc. - 804.817.7000