Re: Job question.

From: der Mouse (mouseat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 14:06:51 PST

    > Exactly the case.  Over here, we differentiate between "headhunters"
    > and "recruitment consultants".   [...]  Recruitment consultants - the
    > people you approach - we call "pimps", because of the obvious ideas
    > related to consultancy

    On which topic, one person I know has a tendency to speak of
    "consluting" work, and has talked about having cards made up with that
    spelling on them - and knowing that person as I do, it wouldn't
    surprise me to see that actually happen someday.  (I'm rather tempted
    to do as much myself.)

    > As for the idea of knowing your stuff.  Not good enough.  Over here,
    > if you can't claim you really did do it, it doesn't count.
    > Therefore, any work I have done in my spare time does not count

    I don't see how that follows, unless "really did do it" actually should
    be "really did do it for an employer".

    I do have one more generic question, though...are you writing as an
    employer or an employee?

    					der Mouse

    			       mouseat_private