security + the great outdoors = cool job!

From: Todd Cranston-Cuebas (Todd_Cranston-Cuebasat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 12:51:05 PDT

    ReserveAmerica, a part of Ticketmaster Corporation, is looking for a
    security administrator in our Ballston Spa datacenter/call-center (near
    Albany, NY).

    Our main goal is to find someone with intermediate-to-advanced experience
    with security on LANs with NT 4.0 servers. Initially, this position would
    focus on the LAN, but if the candidate had experience in UNIX and databases,
    then we could bridge this position to include both internal IT needs and
    provide security support for the ReserveAmerican.com datacenter.

    As you can see, we're flexible, BUT we do require applicants to have some
    prior experience dealing with security issues (user authentication,
    isolation of teams in departments with sensitive information, firewalling,
    router configuration, etc.). We are looking for candidates authorized to
    work in the U.S.

    I've appended a full job description in case you're interested.

    Todd Cranston-Cuebas

    ------------------------------------
    Senior Technical Recruiter
    Ticketmaster
    626-660-3558
    techjobsat_private

    Title: Security Administrator
    Company: ReserveAmerica
    Department: Information Technologies
    Location: Ballston Spa, New York
    Recruiter: Todd Cranston-Cuebas, techjobsat_private

    General Characteristics:
    The Security Administrator will monitor, maintain and recommend changes to
    the internal security of ReserveAmerica's IT systems.

    Organizational Culture:
    ReserveAmerica is a fast growth company. Candidate must thrive in a
    fast-paced, ever changing, entrepreneurial environment. Individual must be
    able to work independently as well as collaboratively. Must be resourceful
    and be able to understand the full breadth of how the company works
    together.  Individual must be a creative thinker, confident and able to
    express ideas in an articulate, well thought out manner. Ability to
    multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must.
    ReserveAmerica is one of the nation's leading service providers to US State
    and Federal camping agencies, as well as private camping organizations
    (i.e., The Good Sam Club). ReserveAmerica develops and integrates internet,
    telephony, and database management technologies to help our clients deliver
    customer-focused services. Our Ballston Spa facility is our main datacenter
    for online operations as well as the largest of three call-centers. For
    additional information refer to: http://www.reserveamerica.com/about/

    Workflow:
    Ballston Spa location has two primary technology groups; the
    online/reservation system datacenter support group (team size: 7) and the
    internal IT group (team size 4). Initially, this candidate will join the
    internal IT group focussing on IT security issues (NT-based server
    infrastructure for internal operations and call-center operations).
    Candidates with proficiency in unix/database security issues (Solaris and
    Informix specifically) may be able to bridge into providing security
    administration of the datacenter. This would also be a potential growth
    path.

    Essential Functions:
    Security: determine and set process and protocols for file access and user
    access (user vs. group access). Establish procedures for user management,
    access denial and approval, network isolation of confidential data
    servers/application servers, login maintenance (NT 4.0 file/application
    servers-total of 6 servers), overall network security. Track all
    security-related patches, blocks, etc. required as they become known to
    security community.
    System Administration: System maintenance, support, performance tuning (NT
    4.0).
    Firewalls: Isolation of network from intrusion/scanning/probing through
    internet/network access points.
    Documentation: Act as primary source for documentation of internal security
    procedures and documentation of existing system set-ups, versions, patches,
    etc. Perform security audits on pre-defined time-table.
    Communication: Work with management to identify and respond to security
    risk. Recommend policies and procedures to enhance or maintain operational
    system security.
    UNIX/Database Security: Possible support of the datacenter security
    including hardening of web servers,  and databases (Solaris, Informix) and
    support of firewalls.

    Required Experience:
    * Relevant education and experience.  Prefer MCSE.
    * Minimum 3 years hands-on role as system administrator of NT 4.0 server
    systems.
    * Minimum 2 years hands-on role as security administrator or lead in NT 4.0
    server environment.
    * Minimum 3 years hands-on role as network engineer in heterogeneous
    environment.
    * Strong proficiency with network, router, and switch protocols and control
    languages.
    * Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
    * Ability to facilitate effective interactions within own and other teams to
    achieve results.
    * Able to function independently within a team environment.

    Preferred Experience:
    * MCSE
    * UNIX/Solaris experience
    * Experience with web/database security issues in a unix environment
    * Specific experience as security administrator/engineer within an online
    datacenter.

    Positives:
    ReserveAmerica is a winner in its unique market space providing a full suite
    of services unsurpassed in the industry. Become a key player in this
    fast-paced, rapidly-growing organization named one of the top 100 e-business
    companies by Information Week and Hurwitz Group (1999). We offer the
    excitement of an entrepreneurial environment with the support of a larger
    corporate structure (ReserveAmerica is a part of Ticketmaster Corporation).
    This position provides potential growth to security administration support
    of an online/reservation system datacenter in addition to all internal IT
    security issues.