Re: Random Thoughts from the "Peanut Gallery"

From: Jeanne Burton (Jeanneat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 08:59:19 PDT

    I've recently joined your forum and would like to comment on your
    conversation.

    As an IT recruiter, some of these points are very true.  Some advise to
    INFOSEC professionals and general resume thoughts:

    1) Ask your recruiters about their background
    2) Ask recruiters if they use the Internet as their sole source of
    recruiting
    3) Buzz words may be the thing for HR who doesn't have time to screen like a
    recruiter but for a recruiter, tell me "who you are and why you"?  Your
    resume is only viewed statistically for 3-10 seconds by HR and project
    managers.  Good recruiters will want to get to know you.  The goal is a long
    term relationship.   The "stick" method is not a good one.
    4) The comment I found to be the best, "Be honest with recruiters". There is
    nothing worse than sending a resume to a company only to find out that
    you've already sent it in.

    Lastly, as a recruiter with a technical background in INFOSEC, recruiting is
    a very difficult job.  Don't take our job lightly.

    The more I know you and my companies, the more motivated I am to help you
    find the perfect position.

    Thanks,

    Jeanne Burton
    Executive Recruiting Manager