Re: A question regarding Australian job market

From: hush puppy (wlc26at_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 12:50:40 PDT

    hmm... about skills - I do not want to go into management role (at least in
    the near future), so I stay on technical side...

    couple of years in PIX, Checkpoint (and Stonebeat) Gauntlet;
    VPNs across those platforms;
    High availability configurations
    Various aspects of Intrusion detection systems from almost all major
    vendors;
    security audits on consulting basis;
    security products evaluations;
    Managed Security Service development

    plus stuff like Linux security, NT and some Solaris experience; even
    programmed some years ago.

    so how much am I worth in Australia? :) will I get at least 100k australian
    $?