German job market?

From: Wojciech Dojka (WDOJKAat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 05:51:02 PDT

    This is similar to the earlier request for info on Australia's infosec job market. I'm in the States now and considering moving back to Europe _in a year or two_. I'm originally from Poland but having been there recently I decided to look at Germany instead, especially since there's been some talk a while back about the computer skill shortage there. Hence, could anyone advise me on the situation in that part of Europe? Aside from security-related positions, what about programming/admin/consultancy jobs in other areas? How do their salaries compare to the rest of the world? Also, what legal/immigration issues should I expect?

    Thanks a lot,

    Wojciech Dojka
    Metropolitan Transportation Authority
    Technology Audit Division