RE: advice please

From: Chris Thomas (cthomas8at_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:28:04 PDT

    Good Lord people...where are you finding these lousy recruiters???
    Apparently I'm the one of the only ones out there that actually follow up
    with my candidates.

    There is another possibility....that the job got put on hold until some
    arm-chair-general approves it.  Still that's no excuse not to pick up the
    damn phone and call.  Here's some good tips in dealing with agency
    recruiters.  ALWAYS interview them before you work with them.  Find out who
    their clients are, how many people they've placed at the company they're
    presenting to you, etc....Find out if they're blowing smoke up your ass.
    Tell them up front, no communication means no $$$!  Advise them that if you
    don't hear from them for more than 2 weeks, not to bother calling you back.

    Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

    Chris