Re: German job market?

From: hush puppy (wlc26at_private)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 08:38:24 PDT

    hmm, they changed rates last year - I did not check before replying:

    Personal Income tax rates in Germany are calculated on the basis of a
    mathematical formula. For 2001, the following tax schedules are applicable:

    Single Taxpayers:

    a zero tax rate on taxable income up to DM 14,093
    a marginal tax rate rising from 19.9% to 23% on taxable income between DM
    14,094 and DM 18,089
    a marginal tax rate rising from 23% to 48.5% on taxable income between DM
    18,089 and DM 107,0576
    a marginal tax rate of 48.5% on taxable income over DM 107,576

    (107k DM ~ 45k USD)

    and afaik average IT salary there is 100k (sometimes up to 150k) - of course
    it depends, but anyway... doesn't look nice. Oh yeah - and if you don't
    speak German, it makes things much more difficult

    (http://www.germany-info.org/newcontent/be/be_11d.html)

    good luck :)