Seeking employment in DC Metro Area

From: steve kapinos (specialk701at_private)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 14:21:12 PDT

    Hello all, I wanted to provide my resume for those who read the list and are
    seeking employees.  I am a Computer Security Professional with a background
    in Security Consulting with extensive experience in Vulnerability
    Assessments, Penetration Testing, Technical Writing, and Security Policy
    Review.  I have strong Unix, Linux, and Windows computer skills.  I am
    seeking immediate employment as a Security Engineer/Consultant in the
    Northern VA, Washington DC metro area.  I am willing to consider relocation
    to almost any location on a case by case basis.

    Please view my resume(below), and please consider me if you know of any
    positions that I am qualified for.

    Sincerely,
    Steven Kapinos
    (703) 726-3072
    skapinosat_private

    <><><><><><><> RESUME BELOW <><><><><><><><>

    PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY

    	Mr. Kapinos has over four years experience in Security 	        Consulting,
    with a strong focus on Vulnerability Assessments,        Project Management,
    and Technical Writing.

    RELATED EXPERIENCE

    	March 2001 - July 2001        Network Security Corp.
                   Sterling, VA
            Senior Security Architect

    	+  Developed all deliverable document templates for
    vulnerability assessment group.
            +  Co-Developed proprietary hacking tools to greatly improve
       the performance of  vulnerability assessments for web based
    applications.
    	+  Designed, configured, and implemented a network used to
    perform remote vulnerability assessments.
    	+  Lead speaker for Vulnerability Assessment Division on video
    used for training sales team on our product offerings.

    	1998 - March 2001              Predictive Systems
                  Reston, VA
            Senior Security Consultant

    	+  Led teams of mid and junior level consultants on numerous
    network and web application vulnerability assessments for           Fortune
    100 clients.
    	+  Co-Developed network vulnerability assessment testing           process
    and related deliverable documents.
    	+  Project lead for moving the UK vulnerability assessment           group
    over to the more successful US business model.	        +  Assigned to a
    project responsible for the deployment,           upgrade, and support of
    firewalls for a Fortune 100 client.

    	1997                           Marine Midland Bank
                   Buffalo, NY
            Security Analyst (Intern)

    	+  Security Administration (Help Desk, Password Resets, Etc.).	+
    Monitoring of logs for firewalls, PBX, servers.	        +  Performed
    Operating System installation following in house           developed secure
    O.S. installation guide.

    EDUCATION

    	1994 - 1998	       Utica College of Syracuse University
                                   Utica, NY

            B.S. Criminal Justice/Economic Crime Investigation
    Specialization in Computer Security.
            Completed requirements for a minor in Computer Science.

    COMPUTER SKILLS

    	Operating Systems

            Windows NT/2000	                        Sun OS/Solaris
            Linux (Redhat, Debian, Mandrake)	BSD (FreeBSD, OpenBSD)

            Programming Languages

            C	   Unix Shell Scripting
            WML	   Java/Javascript
            HTML

            Other Technologies

            Firewalls and Routers	        ISS, Cybercop, NetRecon
            TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP	        Hacking Tools (nmap, nessus)
            DNS, DHCP, SMTP	                WAP, HTTP, SSL, SSH