RE: Article: Honesty isn't a policy, laid-off techies say

From: Jim Utkin (utkinat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 21:05:19 PDT

    See I always considered that absolutely silly. I rather treat an
    employee with respect. Most "security experts" have backups of their
    files at home, as they work at home quite a bit. Walking them out at the
    last moment, will not accomplish what they think they will. Its not like
    the person is going to run for the servers to install Trojans.

    I have seen what your talking about, and I think its an action from a
    paranoid employer, who is asking for trouble instead of trying to avoid
    it. In my 15 years of experience. I have never seen an employee who was
    let go with respect, commit a black hat act.

    Jim