Re: Predictive or Lucent

From: Josh W (joshwarsat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 13:42:34 PDT

    Vance,

    I received an offer from Predictive around 14 months ago.  It was a decent
    offer, not stellar.  With them recently kicking out their CEO and the stock
    price in the toilet I would probably shy away from them.  The folks I dealt
    with were extremely competent.  Be prepared for one of the most in depth
    technical interviews you will ever have.  I had technical interviews with 4
    or so different guys, the first being the hardest.

    As for Lucent, going to work for them looks like a death wish.  If you
    missed it, yesterday they announced layoffs of 15,000-20,000 of their
    workforce.

    My $.02.

    Josh