Re: Predictive or Lucent

From: Geoff Galitz (galitzat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 13:49:14 PDT

    A good number of former co-workers of mine work (or worked)
    at Predictive.  In my experience, the quality of their work is high,
    and provides shops with policies and details that they would not
    have come up with on their own, in addition to the usual fluff of
    graphs and charts.

    OTOH, I also understand that Predictive's in-house situation is
    highly politicized and there is discontent between the East Coast
    and West Coast offices.  A researcher here at UCB (whom shall
    remain nameless unless he requests otherwise) mentioned the
    same in-house squabbling stories.  I will say that this researcher,
    who worked for Predictive as well, is one of the better individuals
    I have met in the field.

    In-house squabbles for a distributed outfit are not unusual, however.

    I'd suggest applying but make sure you have a chance to talk the
    panel that interviews you without the hiring manager in the room, and
    then ask for a frank discussion of the in-house state of the company.

    -geoff