full time position starting August 1st, 2001

From: MJK (mjk2kat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 10:42:01 PDT

    I am looking for a full time position starting August 1st, 2001.  I
    included
    a partial resume below.  My main interests are in intrusion-detection
    systems and other security applications.  I am open to other areas of
    programming. The software applications and/or utilities that I have been
    exposed to are numerous and so I was not able to include all of them
    below.
    I do try to write my own scripts/programs.  My very first Linux program
    was one that was a quick backup/restore utility.  This was of course for
    people who wanted to use something other than CVS/RCS. One of the
    later scripts I wrote for my Linux server was a Linux log
    rotator/compressor
    that captures the date the log file was rotated and appends it to the
    compressed file.  It does a lot more but that is just a summary of its
    functions. I am currently located in Rochester, NY and I am willing to
    relocate.

    You can use the above email to contact me for more information or my
    full
    resume.  Thank you.

    --
    Manu

    OBJECTIVE
    Obtain a position that utilizes my initiative, problem-solving process
    and
    skills as a programmer and software developer, and to further my working
    experience in computer programming and embedded systems design.

    EDUCATION
    Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
    Pursuing Bachelors of Science, Computer Engineering Technology

    RELEVANT COURSES TAKEN/TAKING
    ˇ      C Programming
    ˇ      Advanced C++ Programming
    ˇ      Programming with C++ Classes
    ˇ      Data Structures using C++
    ˇ      Comp. Sc. for transfers using C++
    ˇ      Operating Systems I
    ˇ      JAVA Programming
    ˇ      Programming Language Concepts
    ˇ      Interface Design
    ˇ      OS Scripting
    ˇ      Networking Technologies
    ˇ      System Administration I
    ˇ      Intro. to Dbase & Data Models
    ˇ      Microcomputers
    ˇ      Microcontrollers
    ˇ      Electronics I, II, III
    ˇ      Advanced Electronics
    ˇ      VHDL
    ˇ      Embedded Systems Design I

    COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
    ˇ   Programming Languages:
       ˇ  Proficient in C, C++, PASCAL, FORTRAN, HTML, VHDL,
          ASSEMBLY, JAVA, CGI, PERL, LISP, ML, PROLOG.
       ˇ  Experience in SQL, Basic, Visual Basic, PHP.

    ˇ   Software:
       ˇ  Borland C++ 5.x, MS Visual C++ 6, MS VB 5/6, Power J, SUN JDK,
          Symantec Café 3/4, GCC/G++, Paradigm C++ 5.0, MsAccess,
          MySQL (LINUX/Win32), GCL (GNU LISP), SML/NJ, SWI-PROLOG,
          Forte.for.Java.
       ˇ  Analog Work Bench, MatLab, PSpice, B2Logic, LogicWorks, Warp,
          Timing Designer Pro, Xilinks.
       ˇ  Mathematica, MathCad, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, WordPerfect.
       ˇ  Tripwire, IPChains/IPFilter, SSH/OpenSSH, Snort, Ethereal, Nmap,
          Apache, Samba.

    ˇ   Operating Systems:
       ˇ  Extensive knowledge in Microsoft DOS/Windows 3.x/9x/NT/ME/2000,
          UNIX/ULTRIX, LINUX, VAX/VMS.
       ˇ  Experience in MacOS 7.5.x, 8.x & 9.x, SOLARIS.

    ˇ  Others/Projects:
        ˇ  Initiated plan to create a web-based Intranet for ITS and then
    assumed
           responsibilities for the initial planning and design.  Other
    responsibilities
           include developing the Web-based ITS HelpDesk Intranet by
    including
           relevant CGI, PERL, JAVA and HTML programming to enhance its
           productivity.
        ˇ  Configure and maintain presonal server. Create and maintain
           programs/utilities/scripts for home server.
        ˇ  Configure and maintain Apache web and SAMBA servers.
        ˇ  Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting AMD/INTEL based hardware
           devices.
        ˇ  Configure and maintain Microsoft Windows 9x/NT/ME/2000/LINUX
    based
           Networks for Home/Businesses.
        ˇ  Investigated the SSH protocol for a Computers/Cryptography study.

    PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
    ITS HelpDesk Supervisor
    Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
    New York
    11/2000-5/2001
    Primary responsibilities include overseeing evening operation of ITS
    helpdesk, managing student employees, troubleshooting problems over
    phone
    and in person, providing hardware and software support for end-users,
    managing computer accounts, creating and maintaining tools for easier
    computer support and overseeing the various helpdesk coordinators
    (training,
    intranet, and Linux system).

    ITS HelpDesk Training Coordinator
    Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
    New York
    12/1999-5/2000
    Primary responsibilities include developing a new comprehensive training
    program and schedule for incoming and current ITS HelpDesk
    representatives.
    This would involve developing new debugging tools and update existing
    techniques for trouble-shooting software and hardware issues.  Also
    maintained PC/Mac network and software at the ITS HelpDesk.

    Software Programmer
    Retrotech Inc., Rochester,
    New York
    6/1999-9/1999
    Primary responsibilities include functional design analysis, coding,
    in-house and on-site testing, site installation, and creating design and
    user documentation. Project involves in teams to develop inventory and
    equipment control systems, and the development of emulation and test
    systems. The projects will be using C as the primary language with a
    possible migration to C++. Additional responsibilities involve working
    with
    clients and the project development team to develop project design
    specifications, developing and testing project specific applications,
    and
    installing and testing on client sites.

    ITS HelpDesk Representative
    Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
    New York
    9/1998-5/2000
    Primary responsibilities include providing direct support to clients
    seeking
    Intel and Macintosh hardware, Microsoft Windows 9x, NT 4.0 networking
    and
    software consulting services. Additional responsibilities include
    providing
    support for campus/dial-up connections, UNIX systems, VAX/VMS systems
    and
    working knowledge of Institute-recommended client programs.

    Residential Computing Consultant
    Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
    New York
    8/1997-9/1999
    Primary responsibilities include supporting all aspects of computing and
    computing education in the residential and apartment complexes.  This
    include coordinating the connection process with residents,
    troubleshooting
    computers that are not connecting properly, notifying supervisor of
    network
    failures, educating residents computing resources, enhancing computer
    literacy, facilitating workshops and training sessions.

    Programmer and Software Developer
    Vision Multimedia Inc, Amherst,
    Massachusetts
    3/1997-5/1997
    Responsibilities involve programming using primarily JAVA Language to
    create
    and modify programs in projects for companies.  Additional
    responsibilities
    include assisting on multimedia projects.

    RELATED EXPERIENCE
    Resident Advisor
    Residence Life Center, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
    New York
    8/1995-5/1998
    Resident Advisor for over fifty residents.  Responsibilities include
    assisting residents in social, academic, and personal development
    through
    programming, facilitating floor meetings and group sessions, providing
    duty
    coverage, facilitating conflict mediation and acting as a referral
    agent.

    HONORS/ACTIVITIES/ORGANIZATIONS
    Deans list
    Outstanding Teamwork Award to an area, NRH/Fish/Sol/Gibson area 1996-
    1997
    Outstanding Contribution to an area, Sol Heumann/Gibson/Greek area 1995-
    1996

    AVAILABILITY
    August 2001