Experienced Security Administrator/Project Manager seeking new opportunity...

From: Marcus Ayson (marcus_aysonat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 09:57:13 PDT

    All,

    Having been a casualty of the economic slowdown recently, I'm trying to
    find gainful employment again. I'm looking for an entry to mid level
    security position
    in a company that is fleetfooted, responsive and forward thinking.

    I hope that you will find my extensive experience in network/server/physical
    security, E-commerce, data and telephony networking, project management,
    banking and finance beneficial.

    I'm willing to relocate just about anywhere given the proper opportunity.
    Please feel free to email me or contact me at the number listed below.

    Thanks in advance,

    Marcus Ayson

    Marcus P Ayson
    4925 E Desert Cove Nr 116 Scottsdale, AZ  85254 USA
    Fax 480-556-6728 Home Phone 480-556-6728 Email marcus_aysonat_private

    C  O  M  P  U  T  E  R     S  K  I  L  L  S
    · HTML, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft FrontPage, Visual Basic, C++,
    Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC), Java, Netscape Communicator, TCP/IP,
    DNS, MPLS, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF
    · Various brands of CSU/DSU's, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Oscilloscopes,
    Digital/Analog Multimeters, Function Generators, Data Lines-Full and
    Fractional T1 to ISDN, LAN/WAN, ATM, Digitizers
    · High-level planning and project management of Storage solutions:  SAN and
    NAS.
    · Siemans Telephony System, Cisco VoIP Solution, PBX, ACD, Voice-mail, IVR,
    Trunking
    · MS-DOS, Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000,
    Linux/UNIX, Mac OS
    · Lotus 123, Lotus cc:Mail, Lotus SmartSuite, iPlanet, Microsoft Exchange,
    Microsoft Proxy, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access,
    Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Crystal Reports,
    SDLC Methodologies, TCO and ROI calculations, Risk Management
    · Oracle - Financials, SAP, GreatPlains, MAS90
    · AutoCAD, various drawing and digitizing applications.
    · 10 years of experience on and off professionally.

    L  I  C  E  N  S  E  S    &    C  E  R  T  I  F  I  C  A  T  E  S
    · MCSE certified 1997.
    · Currently pursuing PMI PMP, expected completion is Q3 2001.
    · Currently pursuing CISSP, expected completion is Q3 2001.

    O  B  J  E  C  T  I  V  E
    To fully realize my potential in the high tech field with respect to my
    technical skills and project management background.

    Q  U  A  L  I  F  I  C  A  T  I  O  N  S
    Proven management track record.  Successfully completed a number of
    technological initiatives in launching an Internet business that currently
    does $10MM in revenue. The focuses of these initiatives include: security,
    connectivity, reliability, storage, and stability in both data and telecom
    networks. Most of these projects involved cross-functional teams. In a
    previous career in finance, I managed a staff of 17 and a $50MM portfolio,
    increasing business from $2MM to $6MM in the space of 3 months.  Upon making
    the transition to the high tech field, was promoted to supervisor of a staff
    of 7 within 4 months and managed to achieve and maintain world-class
    standards in the face of a reduction in work force.

    Definite and voracious desire to learn and grow.  I have already obtained a
    Bachelors degree in Economics and in Computer Information Systems and I'm
    currently enrolled in classes for various certifications. With the
    realization that the technical field requires continual education, my
    intention is to further my education above and beyond the Graduate level.

    Highly ambitious.  In a previous career in finance, I was the youngest and
    fastest promoted to the level of Center Manager in the history of Onyx
    Acceptance Corporation.  Upon transition to the high tech field, was quickly
    promoted to the level of Supervisor in the call center at CalComp. Upon
    making contacts within CalComp, a few of us started up a relationship
    marketing solutions company.

    W  O  R  K    H  I  S  T  O  R  Y
    Manager Business Development, WiseSoft   2001- Current
    Responsibilities include managing client and contractor relationships and
    specialized network administration. These projects included, but were not
    limited to, new business generation, network troubleshooting, security
    analysis, limited network auditing, and development of opportunities to
    produce revenue-generating assignments. Other responsibilities included
    conducting facilitation meetings to understand client technical and business
    needs to enable development of proposals for client projects. As a function
    of effectively managing relevant cross-functional, internal and external
    WiseSoft teams and resources, I was involved in select and appropriate
    technical and industry forums as a representative of WiseSoft. Also, when
    project research revealed attractive prospects, I provided input to WiseSoft
    executive management regarding strategic opportunities and their
    development. I managed and monitored progress of all assignments with client
    companies to ensure contractual obligations, client satisfaction and
    profitability. And I developed risk mitigation and/or contingency plans, and
    identified task interdependencies when required. When required I was
    successful at mentoring, monitoring and guiding project managers/leads or
    individuals assigned to client companies' assignments and management of
    performance. Ultimately, ensuring maximum utilization of resources was a
    bottom line concern.

    Director Technical Operations, UGIVE Interactive   1998- 2001
    Primary responsibilities include strategic planning and evaluation of
    various technological initiatives in direct conjunction with the President
    and CEO. This included creating, evaluating and presenting various TCO/ROI
    proposals for Executive Management approval. The various proposals included
    projects in both data and telecom networks. These initiatives included:

    -Definition and implementation of physical/data/network security policies
    and incident handling procedures
    -Deploying a corporate LAN to support group/corporate messaging,
    connectivity, and productivity
    -Setup network infrastructure to allow electronic transactions for retail
    supply chains and CRM systems
    -Deploying a WAN in conjunction with an external co-location facility
    -Installing a highly available and redundant data solution
    -Evaluating and setting up a financial system and its corresponding
    technical infrastructure
    -Designing and implementing a homegrown EDI system
    -Migrating all of the above systems to more standardized industry compliant
    models
    -Converting an intricately intertwined legacy customer and product database,
    legacy order management/EDI, and legacy financial system to more
    standardized industry compliant models
    -Coordinating a major relocation project

    As part of these projects, part of my responsibilities lay in appraising
    various technologies, contract negotiation, and evaluating, hiring, and
    coordinating assorted internal and external resources to most effectively
    achieve the desired goals. In addition, my responsibilities included
    defining and adhering to annual and quarterly budgets, departmental hiring
    and firing, and maintaining service levels for internal and external
    customers.

    Supervisor/Coach, CalComp     1997- 1998
    Primary responsibilities include Network Administration for Test Laboratory
    Network, Crystal Reports Administration, and researching and developing
    hardware and software solutions for call management, call distribution, and
    email response.  Have been responsible for managing and fine tuning call
    center personnel and procedures to achieve and maintain world-class response
    times.  Daily responsibilities included facilitating software and hardware
    testing and feedback meetings, and maintaining accepted efficiency
    standards.  Also responsible for project managing various solutions
    concerning various technical questions regarding the entire CalComp
    digitizer/scanner product lines with respect to numerous computing platforms
    and configurations.  Conducted presales/facilitation calls regarding
    technical specifications of the various products in comparison to different
    competing products.  Generated and maintained daily, monthly and quarterly
    reports.

    Sales/Marketing/Technical Support, Web Zone, Inc.   1997- 1997
    Using various research and surveying techniques, I defined and determined
    solutions for various client situations, questions, and problems relating to
    Internet web page hosting, web site development and hardware solutions,
    electronic commerce and E-mail.  Managed projects and programs that
    empowered development and design of dynamic and engaging web icons, pages
    and sites.  Solicited and serviced sales and network development requests
    centered on Silicon Graphics workstations and web servers.  Acted as liaison
    between differing project members and insured timely completion of ongoing
    installation and upgrade projects.

    Dealer Center Manager, Onyx Acceptance Corporation  1996- 1997
    Managed various ongoing and recurring projects who's subjects included
    managing a $50MM portfolio and a staff of 17 employees to include marketing
    to generate business, developing leads, managing delinquency, maintaining
    client and customer relationships, and prospecting new business
    opportunities.  These projects were responsible for increasing volume on a
    monthly basis from $2MM to $6MM in a span of three months.  Consequently, I
    was the youngest and quickest promoted to the level of Dealer Center Manger
    in the history of Onyx Acceptance Corporation.  Daily duties included
    hiring, firing, training, conducting workflow and facilitation between the
    differing departments, collections, budgeting, and various other tasks.

    Assistant Dealer Center Manger, Fireside Thrift Company  1991- 1996
    Held various positions including Marketing Manger, Area Relief Manager,
    Buyer, Branch Assistant, Customer Service Representative; and virtually all
    positions within branch operations.  Participated in or was responsible for
    project teams that covered virtually all legacy branch operations such as
    accurately running a cash drawer, expeditiously buying and funding
    contracts, marketing and generating business for the corresponding branch,
    maintaining client relationships, acting as a communications conduit between
    clients, internal departments, and customers, auditing daily internal branch
    transactions, collections, monitoring and directing the flow of branch
    operations, and internal and external customer service.  Integral member of
    the project team to develop the first automated Dealer Center Branch.  From
    developing applications to various on-line forms to hardware configuration,
    worked towards full dealer servicing from a given employee work station.
    Conducted business in Fireside's three main areas of production: Northern
    California, Southern California, and Arizona.

    E  D  U  C  A  T  I  O  N
    -Bachelor of Science, DeVry Technical Institute, 1999
    -Bachelor of Science, University of California, Riverside, June 1991