Seeking job/ currently with 7 yrs experience holding management position

From: Sameer Anja (samee07at_private)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 07:16:37 PDT

    Hi-

       I am an IT professional with 7 yrs of diverse IT
    experience, includes security administrator, and every
    other position you can think of.

       I have a varied experience and core competencies,
    ranging from development, technology and product
    management, cross culture management experience and am
    currently working as a consultant in a security
    organization in India.

      I am open to relocating anywhere outside India, my
    resume is attached.

      Contact me directly if you have anything for me.

    Best Regards
    -Sameer

    Personal Contact Details:
    Sameer Anja
    Residence: B-8, Mohanraj, H.K. Rd. No. 3, Iraniwadi,
    Kandivali(W), Mumbai-400 067, INDIA.
    Email: samee07at_private
    Phone: +91-22-8078637

    Current Position : Head - Projects – Global E-Secure
    Ltd (www.globalesecure.com)

    Career Goals

    ·	 Move into a role where I interact with the
    management on a decision making level on
    state-of-the-art technology and product directions to
    look at with an aim at developing  business and bring
    in the returns for investment done at a faster clip.

    Work Experience

    Head - Projects – Global E-Secure Ltd. – 4th December
    till date.

    	I am involved here with setting up the Professional
    Services of Global E-Secure ltd. We are an
    organization focused at giving security solutions. Our
    service offerings include Consulting and Audit
    Services, Helping Organizations create Security
    policies, Execution of the policy to secure networks ,
    PKI consulting which includes Commercial Certificate
    Authority as well as Enterprise Certification
    Authority. As project manager, my role encompasses the
    below two areas:
    1.	Manage the projects currently being executed at
    Global E-Secure. Help Pre-Sales and Sales in
    marketing, design customized offerings to customers,
    offer consulting, train Pre-Sales to handle technical
    queries, prepare and deliver Pre-Sales presentations
    for prospects, help convert hot cases. Currently I
    manage Pre-Sales Teams and the Project execution
    teams.
    2.	Manage the Technology team of Global E-Secure with
    respect to man management, setting goals and KRAs for
    them, grooming them to become the project leaders and
    project managers of tomorrow, estimating skill set and
    capex requirements, allocating cost and budgets to a
    project, scouting and hiring talent and grooming them.
    3.	Set up Project Management Standards using PMI
    (Project Management Institute), derived Costing
    Parameters using COCOMO. Goal is to make the
    technology and Pre-Sales group profitable. Achieved
    85% of KRA responsibilities. Certain Hiring portions
    could not be completed yet because of slow business,
    economy turnover. Team is groomed and in fine shape.
    4.	Managed and Executed 5 projects consisting of
    Penetration Testing, Security Audits, Network Security
    Implementation. Had also been the Pre-Sales Technical
    lead for all the projects. Currently all technical and
    Pre-Sales deliverables are handled by me.
    5.	Currently leading a team of 2 Pre-Sales (4 yrs exp
    each), 1 Project Manager (5 yrs exp, CISA certified)
    and 9 Engineers (CISA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSP)
    6.	Currently developing the process of planning and
    deployment of PKI in tune with the legal laws of
    India. This is required to set up proper policies so
    that the final signed certificates are upheld in
    India.

    Product and Technology Manager [ Worldwide] – Xisource
    Inc.   01 Oct 1999 to 2nd December, 2000.

    	Here I was involved in setting up the Organization
    right from the start. I am the first employee hired by
    the founders, and was instrumental in setting up the
    India Operation and the Technical Organization,
    Heirarchy, Technology, Product Design, Development and
    Roadmap for the future.

    ·	Setup infrastructure containing Leased Line, ISDN
    and Dialup, and implemented a firewall to protect the
    corporate LAN.
    ·	Strategic decisions like Operating System, Database
    to be used, Version Control Software, Sizing the Site
    Traffic and Bandwidth Required depending on
    applications to be built, whether to use SSL OR Not.
    ·	Lead effort of migration  from perl to mod_perl,
    Linux based systems to Sun Sparc, PostgresSQL to
    Oracle 8i with Weblogic Application Server as front
    end. We finally used the Oracle Application Server
    itself.
    ·	Set up an environment for seamless integration of
    various technologies, also wrote the Security Policy
    and implemented the same. One of the core integration
    modules we had worked on was using digital
    certificates to sign transactions on the web. This was
    required during Document Exchange on the web,
    especially exchange of Service Level Agreements. The
    digital certificates were incorporated using OpenCA
    (www.openca.org) , the open source Certificate
    Authority software.
    ·	Currently working on laying the infrastructure
    roadmap for the next-generation infrastructure for B2B
    transactions. Also scouting for credit card processing
    tie-ups, Outsourcing Bandwidth and core infrastructure
    in the US of A. This was outsourced to Exodus in San
    Jose. We also decided to keep payments offline because
    we were going in for a second round of funding for the
    same.
    ·	Strategic Technology Tie-ups for Product
    Enhancements and Features.
    ·	Deciding on Next Generation Technology required for
    Enterprise Solutions. We are considering LDAP and XML
    for the same.

    Technical Lead [Asia] - Internet Securities Inc.
        26  Nov 1997 to 31 Sep 1999

    ·	In the regional position, maintained an uptime of
    99% for two country systems, India and China.
    ·	Groomed and lead a team of 3 people reporting to me,
    local Systems Admin of India and China, Customer
    Support Engineer for India. Ensured a quick response
    time for problems and nearly 99% uptime of systems.
    The Quick Response include better coding standards and
    code reviews ensuring a clean efficient code.
    ·	Lead a team of Product Developers, Content Editors
    in India for specific projects undertaken.
    ·	Chose new projects to be taken, new ideas to be
    conceptualised, and acted as interface person between
    the Corporate Office and the local country offices in
    relation to Product Development and Technology. I was
    leading the PD&T effort in the region.
    ·	Additional Responsibility of maintaining and
    securing the Company network across the world.
    Designed the firewall in accordance with Security
    Policy and also kept an eye out for intruders, build
    detection mechanisms, watched out for CERT bulletins
    and kept servers upgraded to the most secure versions
    of packages floating around for Linux.
    ·	Ported the current system to Windows NT as a
    customized solution for a customer.  Details below.
    ·	Handled Negotiations for Corporate Deals involving
    customized solutions for clients. Went through the
    full process till the close of the deal and then
    coordinated the deployment of the solutions for the
    client. This involved going through all the phases of
    the software life cycle.

    Project : Porting the existing system to Windows NT.
    Duration : 2 months for development and deployment.

    	Lead a team of three. Undertook the feasibility
    study, decided on which web servers to use, hardware
    configuration for optimum performance, tuning and
    optimising performance, securing the server against
    unauthorised access, porting existing cgi scripts from
    Linux perl to Windows NT perl. Also, customized the
    Windows NT default Search Engine, Indexserver, to suit
    our requirements using ASP. The web server used was
    Internet Information Server [IIS] and this was tuned
    for performance as well as customized for a seamless
    port from our existing Apache on Linux. Porting of
    scripts was undertaken by myself alongwith team
    members. Windows NT version used was NT 4 with SP3.

    Systems Administrator - Internet Securities Inc.	16
    Sep 1996 to 26  Nov 1997

    ·	Designed and implemented a firewall for ISI Mumbai.
    Monitored and secured the local servers against any
    unauthorised access using the Cisco and Linux in
    combination.
    ·	Implemented a distributed computing environment for
    the servers so that a cluster of servers was built for
    e-mail, Internet access, data updating and
    replication, web server.
    ·	Designed , Configured  and Maintained a local
    network, web server, router and modems for a dial-in
    BBS service.
    ·	Automated the whole system of backups, printing to a
    network printer from a mix of Windows and Linux
    machines, dial-out and close connections to VSNL for
    Internet access for the whole office. The network was
    configured so that all machines in office could
    simultaneously through a single modem. A Linux server
    was used for the purpose which was configured to give
    fast network  performance. Also put in scripts which
    monitored and automated replication of data from local
    server to a remote server in US.
    ·	Took up Additional Responsibility of Customer
    Support Manager. Before that, in capacity of Customer
    Support Engineer , did troubleshooting for modems to
    dial-in into our local service on bad telephone lines.
    Also, designed and installed software like Wingate on
    Windows 95 to allow simultaneous browse through the
    Internet as well as ISI service.
    ·	Trained Customers as part of Customer Support on
    using the ISI Emerging Markets Product. Also handled
    all Technical Queries regarding installation, Product
    related Queries as part of After Sales Process, and
    helped in closing Sales Deals for the Sales People.
    Also, did independent Sales Calls and gave
    demonstrations of the Product as part of Customer
    Support.

    Project Leader -  Wipro GE Medical Systems		1 Oct 1995
    to 13 Sep 1996

    ·	Managed a team of 5 people to release GE's Nuclear
    Medicine software and also did a global launch of the
    same. Worked in tandem with Sales and Customer Support
    to ensure all bugs received from around the world were
    fixed and also interacted with the customers to get a
    first hand report of the problems they were having.
    Fixed the problems and also co-ordinated the release
    with the global managers. All coding and bug fixing
    was done in India for that release. For this project
    we adhered to ISO 9001 Quality procedures defined by
    the Company.
    ·	Worked as programmer writing network development as
    well as ISO compliance test programs for a proprietary
    protocol defined for linking the Nuclear machines to
    Solaris machines. Also wrote a device driver for
    adding support for a new SCSI hard disk under Intel
    Realtime IRMx system.
    ·	Part-time System Administration activities were
    undertaken where we wrote tools for penetration
    testing, parsing logs generated by wrappers, backup
    procedures. Systems uptime here was 99%. The network
    here was a heterogeneous one with a mix of Intel IRMX
    Realtime OS , Sun machines, Windows machines all
    integrated.
    ·	Did a feasibility study of Windows NT 3.51 for a
    project which involved porting of software from a
    Solaris machine to Windows NT machine. The project was
    completed on schedule and this involved writing
    network socket I/O, pixel manipulation, scheduler for
    the software under Windows NT. This was a pilot Six
    Sigma Project aimed at getting SEI CMM level 5
    certification.

    Practical Assistant & Systems Administrator -  NIIT 14
    March 1995 to 27 Sept 1995

    ·	Replicated the above at NIIT also, with additional
    work of setting up their financial accounting system
    on the network integrated with the student database to
    generate billing records. Set-up and configured Sybase
    here to work on as a RDBMS. Systems uptime was 99%.

    Faculty and Systems Administrator - Aptech	      01
    April 1994 to 31 January 1995

    ·	Set up and managed a systems network of 20 machines
    integrated by Novell server software and SCO Open
    Desktop. Wrote tools to automate backups, monitor the
    servers, security strictures at Aptech. Was also
    involved in training in Networks, low level languages
    like 'C', Assembly and kernel internals of Operating
    Systems. Also set-up and configured Oracle for use as
    a RDBMS. Systems uptime here was 99%.

    Skills

    Technical
    Extensive experience of Operating systems both at the
    user level as well as kernel level
    ·	MS-DOS/Windows (3.1, 3.11, 95, NT)/ Unix (Sco, Sco
    ODT, Solaris, Sun, Linux ) VAX/VMS, development
    environments (e.g. C, C++, Perl, Java, ASP, HTML,
    ActiveX, Purify, Solaris Project Tools, Oracle,
    Sybase, Visual tools of MS Windows)
    ·	RDBMS environments
    ·	Network Topologies (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBeui, X.25,
    SMTP, Proxy server setups, Firewalls , Managing a
    Heterogeneous network of SUN Sparcs, Windows family,
    SCO family, Linux).

    Excellent working knowledge of project management
    including time estimation, team co-ordination and
    leadership skills, freezing requirement specifications
    based on customer feedback , direct interaction with
    the customers for Alpha, BETA and Production Releases
    of Products, follow-up on maintenance. Also, worked on
    ISO 9001 and SEI CMM Level 5 Quality projects.
    Possess a balance of technical expertise , people
    management and Leadership Skills.
    Soft Skills

    	Excellent Written and Oral communication
    skills.Worked with 3 startups till now, so am well
    versed with speedy delivery requirements. Well versed
    with Operational Skills, Management and Leadership
    skills, Cross Cultural (South East Asia, China, US of
    A) experience.

    Education

    Bachelor of Science[Statistics] -  Mumbai University.
    		    1992
    Diploma Computers       -   NIIT							    1996

    Future Plans include doing my MBA (Masters in Business
    Administration)

    Personal Interests

    Swimming, Travelling, Reading, Psychology.