Linux/Unix/Security geek looking for interesting new places...PLEASE HELP!!

From: Andrius Ciziunas (buzzcutat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 12:47:04 PST

    Hello all--

    	I usually don't do this, but I don't know where else to turn.

    	A while ago, I decided that I'd like to find a new job.  But, my
    purposes are what's a bit different.  I'm more-or-less happy where I am,
    but I feel a bit caged in.  I'd like to live in and visit new countries,
    learn new lanuages, meet new and interesting people.  So, I figured
    somewhere on the European continent would be the place for that.

    	I began looking for jobs for Unix/Linux/Internet Security guys in
    Europe.  I tried many of the usual job websites, but those are full of
    recruiters, who are only out to make a buck and don't really care what
    kind of job they offer me.  I also tried applying to the companies,
    themselves and got nowhere fast with them, too.  They kept directing me to
    their various US offices, telling me that they needed European nationals
    or writing to me of their interest and disappearing soon afterward.  So, I
    thought, maybe this security list could help.

    	Does anyone out there need a Linux/Unix/Security geek with varying
    years of experience with a few different *nix flavors and Linux
    distributions, who'd be interested in finding a job with a decent salary
    in Europe?

    	Here are some of my qualifications:

    * Linux user since 1994 (have been using it as my primary OS and compiling
    everything from source since 1998).  I've also had experience with various
    Linux distributions, such as: Debian, RedHat, Mandrake, SuSe and
    Slackware.

    * Have had just over 2 years of experience administrating systems with
    various *nix flavors, including: HP-UX 10.x-11.x, AIX 4.x, SCO OpenServer
    5.0.5 and FreeBSD.  I also have a bit of experience using Sun and Digital
    Unix.  I have also done some administration tasks with Windows95, 98, NT
    and 2000 and Novell Netware 5.

    * Have spent just over 2 years as an Oracle DBA on various Oracle 8.1.x
    databases.

    * Experience with various kinds of networking equimpent.

    * Was chief technical lead on various technical implementations of
    systems.

    * Have worked, both at work and at home, securing networks, wired and
    wireless.

    * Fluent in English and Lithuanian, can understand some Russian, a little
    Latin.

    * Am willing to try new things, learn new languages and meet new
    and interesting people.

    * US citizen (with the possibility of achieving dual citizenship,
    sometime in the future).

    	If anyone can help, that would be great.  I'll send along my
    resume upon request.

    	TIA.

    					Andrius