Re: Article: Study Says Security Expertise In Short Supply

From: dgillettat_private
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:33:43 PST

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Meritt James wrote:

    > "According to a recent report from online certification company
    > Brainbench, disaster-recovery and network-security skills are scarce
    > within the IT workforce."
    >
    > Full article at http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20011121S0015

      A couple of months back, one of our local (SF Bay Area, Silicon
    Valley) papers ran a big article from the president of some "back
    East" recruiting firm about the glowing prospects for security jobs
    in Silicon Valley.
      Since I'd been looking for several months without finding such to
    be the case, I sent along a resume to his agency, figuring that they
    must obviously have access to job openings that I was unable to find.

      I don't think I've ever heard back from them.

    DG