Re: Article: Study Says Security Expertise In Short Supply

From: Robert G. Ferrell (rferrellat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 17:55:00 PST

     >In summation, no one can prove to me that security people are in short
     >supply.  Everyone is talking the talk, but no one is walking the
     >walking.  It would be interesting to know what, and/or who, is fueling
     >these "security shortage" reports.

    I'd have to agree.  Before the dotcom crash, I was getting an average of 7-10
    unsolicited headhunter calls a week.  Now it's maybe once a month, and they
    always want me to relocate, which I will not do.

    There may be a shortage of "Security Expertise," but there's an even more
    pervasive shortage of companies willing to pay for that expertise.

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
    rferrellat_private
    http://rferrell.home.texas.net/rgflit.html