Re: Security Clearance (UK)

From: Simon Hogg (simon.hoggat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 23:52:52 PST

    Rob, depending on where the job was, you'd have to sign the Official Secrets Act and then
    also depending on the job, a vetting process would be carried out by the appropriate
    staff ie a Government agency.

    So in essence a form filling excercise, but you can't turn up at ### and fill in a generic
    form that gives you 'clearance' for any department/body/project.

    Simon

    --
    Simon Hogg, Learning Resources, Oxford Brookes University,
    Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK.

    Postmaster & Academic Computing Officer.

    Email:   simon.hoggat_private
    Tel. :   (+44) 01865 483314
    Fax. :   (+44) 01865 483073