RE: Article: 10 Hottest Certifications for 2002

From: Robert G. Ferrell (rferrellat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 18:07:02 PST

    At 05:43 PM 1/2/02 -0500, Joe Faraone wrote:
    >..interesting.  I didn't know SANS had gotten anti-CISSP?!  I guess it's
    >been a while since I attended one of their conferences (last was SANS '98)
    >and I was a guvvie (note spelling!) contractor (non-CISSP) at the time.

    Folks, let me clarify something.  SANS is _not_ anti-CISSP.  My comments
    were in reference to some negative rhetoric that passed between a few
    members of the GIAC and CISSP communities early in the evolution
    of GIAC.  There was never any official anti-ISC2 feeling at SANS and nor
    was there, at least AFAIK, any anti-SANS sentiment at ISC2.

    My sole purpose was to encourage everyone in the infosec community
    to work together against our common enemies, rather than manufacture
    any new ones within our own ranks.

    Cheers,

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP