Resume: Senior Software Developer

From: rsandilaat_private
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 09:35:26 PST

    Hi All,

    I'm a senior software developer with 9 years of experience developing C/C++/Assembly applications for Windows and Linux in the computer security field.

    I'm interested in either relocating or a telecommuting position. I would prefer to relocate to the USA.

    I can be contacted at rsandilaat_private or +27-83-450-8854. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

    Robert Sandilands

    RESUME

    Robert Sandilands
    326 Celliers Avenue
    Centurion, 0157, South Africa.
    +27-83-450-8854
    rsandilaat_private

    JOB OBJECTIVE: Senior Software Engineer

    KEYWORDS
    C, C++, Assembly, Perl, Shell Scripting, Dos, Windows, Linux, Novell, Device Drivers, Services, Win32 API, Anti-Virus, Security, PKI, Public Key Infrastructure, Cryptography, Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, DriverWorks, VtoolsD, SoftICE, SSL, Secure Socket Layer, TCP/IP, Socket Programming, Cross-platform software development, Speed
    optimisation of software, Client/Server Development, Version Control, Secure Software Development, Mentoring, Team Leader, Research.

    SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
    + 9 years as software developer using C, C++ and Assembly.
    + Technical versatility: Security, PKI, Cryptography, Anti-Virus and Team Leader.
    + "Robert is the main technical driving force behind the Virus Protection System product. He has made a great contribution in making VPS into the technically advanced anti-virus software product it is." - manager in motivating a merit award.

    PROFESIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
    + Software Development
    - Designed, developed and maintained an embedded ICSA certified Firewall with Intrusion Detection, Secure Remote Management and Secure Remote Updates in less than six months. (SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Implemented VPN functionality for embedded Firewall. (SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Designed, developed and maintained an advanced commercial anti-virus software product for a variety of operating systems including Dos, Windows 3.x/95/98/NT/ME/2000, Novell and Linux. (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research and Virus Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Device Driver development for Windows 3.x/95/98/ME/NT/2000. (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research and Virus Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Domain Expert for Spoornet in "Digital Electronics" and "Software Development".
    - Released two open source projects:
    ++ Error Class Converter - http://sourceforge.net/projects/errconv
    ++ Network Traffic Generator - http://sourceforge.net/projects/traffic
    - Star Performer Award for Innovation - 1996. (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)
    - Merit Awards - 1996, 1997 and 1998. (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)

    + Research
    - August 1998 - Contributed to a government white paper "The Influence of the Internet on the Films and Publications Act". (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)
    - Presented papers at the following conferences:
    ++ "Embedded Linux Development" at LinuxAfrica 2001.
    ++ "Viruses, Why should you be afraid?" at InfoSec, South Africa 1999.

    + Team Leadership
    - Mentored junior programmers that contributed to software development projects I managed.
    - Driving force behind spin-off from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research into Virus Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.
    - Integral player in gaining Venture Capital for SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    - Star Performer Award for Teamwork - 1996. (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)

    WORK HISTORY
    01/2001 - Present   Senior Software Engineer, SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    08/1999 - 12/2000   Director (Research), Virus Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.
    07/1995 - 07/1999   Senior Software Engineer, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
    12/1992 - 06/1995   Engineer in Training, Spoornet, a division of Transnet

    EDUCATION
    + Bachelor of Engineering, Honours (Electronic Engineering). University of Pretoria, South Africa, 1998
    + Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic Engineering), University of Pretoria, South Africa, 1992