Available for part-time contract work

From: mike.stoweat_private
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 19:22:19 PST

    					February 2002

    Hello,

    My name is Mike Stowe.  I am an information security professional.
    I am seeking consulting, part-time contract or part-time
    sub-contract work.

    I have over seven years of experience concentrated in the
    information security field, especially network and electronic
    commerce security.  I can readily adapt to wide range of security
    situations such as:

    *	Working with senior management on strategic security
    	architectures where technologies, such as PKI, smart cards
    	or biometrics, enable the business

    *	Designing and implementing security gateway designs with
    	routers, VPN appliances or firewall configurations.  I
    	emphasize good design practices with DNS, mail delivery,
    	intrusion detection and double blind firewalls

    *	Securing Linux, Solaris or Windows configurations utilizing
    	host-based firewalls and freeware or commercial tools

    *	Penetration testing and vulnerability analysis

    *	Intrusion detection and response

    *	Engineering security administration processes e.g.
    	administration processes for efficiently managing user
    	accounts

    *	Refinement of security policies, standards and guidelines

    *	Installing enterprise anti-virus solutions such as Symantec
    	NAV Corporate Edition

    *	Configuring firewalls such as Firewall-1, IPF or PIX

    I am a member of IEEE, the Information Systems Security
    Association and ISC2.  References and more information on my
    background are available.

    My rates are negotiable and vary based on the nature of the work
    desired and the amount of work that can be done over the Internet
    or over the phone.

    Sincerely,
    Mike Stowe, CISSP
    mike.stoweat_private