Re: what to do if you get stuck with a terrible recruiter

From: Florindo.Gallicchioat_private
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 08:05:51 PST

    Speaking *strictly* on my own and not in any way representing my current
    employer...

    This thread was discussed already on this list, so I offer a quick
    response.  I too have come across many recruiters who did not attend to me
    in the way I expected.  Knowing that I am very marketable allowed me to
    select the right recruiter by understanding exactly what it is I wanted
    from them.

    Oddly enough, you mentioned Alta Associates, even if it was only as an
    example.  I have had nothing but outstanding dealings with them in the
    past, and I also know the recruiters there personally.  They are
    well-connected in the industry and have always demonstrated the highest
    professionalism.  In fact, their system for handling their candidates is
    such that the candidate can be assisted by any of their recruiters -- their
    database is set up to allow anyone in their firm to call up the candidate's
    profile and quickly understand at what stage of the recruiting process that
    candidate is in, and take appropriate action.

    My advice is this:  if you are marketable and know exactly what it is you
    want from the recruiter, then find one that will meet  your needs.  Have
    your questions for the recruiter ready, then call them and interview them
    by phone.  Once you've found one that satisfies you, hire them.  Remember,
    you're not "stuck" with anyone.  You don't work for them - they work for
    you.

    Florindo
    Florindo Gallicchio * Director, Security Assessment & Compliance *
    Radianz * 492 River Rd. * Nutley, NJ 07110 USA *
    +1 973 662 3158 * florindo.gallicchioat_private

    |--------+----------------------->
    |        |          "leon"       |
    |        |          <leonat_private|
    |        |          m>           |
    |        |          03/10/2002   |
    |        |          01:33 PM     |
      |       To:     <securityjobsat_private>                                                                         |
      |       cc:                                                                                                              |
      |       Subject:     what to do if you get stuck with a terrible recruiter                                               |