Re: Strong Writing Skills

From: tom (tom@code-lab.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 12:20:15 PST

    Darian,

    If you're doing editing for peers, one can assume then that you are the
    one in the office with "strong writing skills".

    In general when I've interviewed applicants where this was a requirement
    I've had them write a short paper on a particular topic, say a memo or
    whitepaper on an issue that the CIO or CEO may have interest in.  I then
    gauge what they sent me on the basis of grammer, spelling and finally
    presentation.  In other words, did the document look like something that
    would/should be presented to "C" level mgmt.

    Hope this helps.

    Tom