Re: Am I getting the wrong end of the stick?????

From: Ken Fischer (kenfat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 07:46:25 PDT

    Sean,

    I also work in the DC area, and know quite a few highly skilled
    professionals that would do cartwheels to have the opportunity to
    collect a paycheck (especially one that doesn't include the
    requirement to ask people about super-sized fries, or to sort
    packages for some shipping company...)

    I would recommend keeping the current state of the job market in
    mind... and being thankful for the COL increase.   It may not be
    "fair", but very little in IT is, especially these days :(

    Best regards,

    -Ken (who hasn't seen any hint of a raise in over 2 years, and is happy
     every 2 weeks that he gets a direct deposit statement, instead
     of the dreaded "final paper check" that so many others have received.)

    --
    Ken Fischer, CCNA  <kenfat_private>
    PGP Fingerprint: 9523 54B6 D67B BBFB 53B3  2F3B 7E81 0891 C495 CB50