Salary Cap's PLEASE!

From: El C0chin0 (mr.nastyat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 06:37:12 PDT

    I would like to ask a favor of all you IT InfoSec Recruiters out there
    using this message board to post jobs.  Over the past year I’ve read most
    of the job postings.  I’ve submitted resumes only to be asked if I can
    make gold from sand.  I’m usually asked for my salary expectations and
    then never hear back from them or the employer.

    I would appreciate it if the perspective employer wants an entry or
    intermediate level person that they also include their salary cap.  This
    will allow others like me who read through the pie in the sky expectations
    within the job description and duties to determine the range of expertise
    the employer is seeking.

    Please post a salary cap.  Everyone here should not send a resume in for a
    job unless they send you their salary range.  I realize jobs are hard to
    come by these days but if we allow the current economy to low ball our
    experience we'll soon be accepting jobs for a few bucks over minimum wage.