CISSP Seeking Security Analyst/IT Audit Position in South Florida

From: Eric Reynolds (edreynoldsat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 10:54:09 PDT

    Hello,

    I am a CISSP-certified IT auditor with a network engineering background
    seeking a security analyst or IT (technical) auditing job in the South
    Florida area.  I have 10+ years of IT and networking experience and for
    the past 3+ years I have been leading and implementing IT infrastructure
    audits (details in resume below).

    I currently live in the Detroit, Michigan area but I am building a home
    in the Wellington, FL area that will be completed in February, 2003 or
    earlier.  I am willing to relocate earlier than the completion date, but
    would prefer to begin a new position in January, 2003.  No relocation
    reimbursement is necessary.  I'm looking for a full-time position.

    Please review the resume below and contact me if you have any questions
    or opportunities.

    ERIC REYNOLDS

    Current Address:
    4943 Crooks Road
    Royal Oak, MI  48073
    Home Phone:  (248) 435-3199
    Cell Phone: (248) 515-5663
    Email:  edreynoldsat_private

    Future Address (2/2003):
    8981 Alexandra Circle
    Wellington, FL  33414

    OBJECTIVE:
    An information security analyst or technical IT audit position in the
    South Florida area that will capitalize on my experience in IT security,
    auditing, leadership, and technology implementation.

    SKILLS:
    SECURITY / IT CERTIFICATIONS
    * Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) since 2002
    * Microsoft Certified (MCP) in Windows NT Server 4.0 and Windows NT
    Workstation 4.0

    NETWORK SECURITY AUDIT
    * 3 years security auditing experience, including the following scopes
    and technologies:
    o Physical and logical network architecture reviews
    o Wireless network security assessment experience (802.11 FHSS and
    802.11b)
    o Network vulnerability scanning with ISS Internet Scanner
    o Host-based scanning with ISS System Scanner and customized scripts
    o Firewalls: Check Point FW-1, Cisco PIX, ISS Black Ice
    o Routers and Switches:  Cisco, Cabletron, Nortel
    o VPN:  Nortel Contivty VPN, Check Point FW-1 / VPN-1
    o Server Operating Systems:  Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows 2000 Server
    o Intrusion Detection Software (IDS):  ISS RealSecure

    SECURITY POLICY CREATION
    * Created GM audit requirements for various platforms and technologies
    * Reviewed draft GM corporate IT security policies for accuracy and
    appropriateness

    MANAGEMENT
    * Audit team leadership experience with General Motors Corporation,
    including the following responsibilities:
    o Manage audit team within project budget constraints
    o Conduct audit status meetings with senior GM management
    o Create audit assessment guides for technology to be audited
    * Interim Team Leader at Lear Corporation’s world headquarters support
    center in Southfield, MI
    * Started own company (partnership) offering networking services to small
    businesses

    NETWORK / SERVER ADMINISTRATION
    * 10+ years experience with TCP/IP
    * 4+ years of Windows NT 4.0 administration experience, including server
    building
    * 4+ years Intel hardware experience, including Compaq, HP, and Dell
    configuration
    * 3+ years of Cisco and Nortel Networks switch configuration experience
    * 2+ years of Novell 4.x and 3.x administration including server building
    * 2+ years Windows 2000 server and workstation implementation experience
    * 1+ years Cisco router configuration experience

    EXPERIENCE:
    GENERAL MOTORS	DETROIT, MI
    LEAD IT INFRASTRUCTURE AUDITOR	2000 - PRESENT
    * Lead and perform IT infrastructure audits, including management of
    audit team
    * Interface with senior GM IT management through audit meetings, steering
    committees, roundtable discussions
    * Review various infrastructure elements (including firewalls, routers,
    switches, VPN, Windows NT, Windows 2000, IDS, etc.) to evaluate risk and
    compliance to established corporate standards.
    * Participate in “war driving” sessions to evaluate the security of
    802.11 FH and 802.11b wireless networks
    * Review logical and physical network topology for adherence to security
    best practices and corporate policies
    * Review draft corporate IT security policies for accuracy and
    appropriateness
    * Develop standard audit programs and audit requirements for various
    network devices

    FOREST NETWORKS	HIGHLAND, MI
    NETWORK ENGINEEER	1999 - 2000
    * Installed and maintained company’s network including Cisco 2514 router,
    Nortel Networks System 3000, Windows NT 4.0 servers, Windows 2000 server,
    Windows 98 and Windows 2000 workstations.
    * Implemented company’s network audit service, called Asset Survey.
    Performed SNMP network device audits of Fortune 500 companies including
    Nortel Networks, The Coca-Cola Company, Bank One, The Southern Company,
    BellSouth Mobility, and Merck Corporation
    * Recommended network device security improvements to client

    SEQUOIA DIVERSIFIED PRODUCTS	AUBURN HILLS, MI
    NETWORK ENGINEER 	1997–1999
    * Acted as Interim Team Leader for Lear Corporation’s world headquarters
    helpdesk (an 800+ user site) in Southfield, Michigan, supervising a team
    of five network engineers for more than eight months
    * As Interim Lear Team Leader, was involved in career development, staff
    interview process, and helpdesk procedure development
    * Administered network including Windows NT Workstation/Server 4.0,
    Novell 3.12/4.11 server, and Exchange 5.5 servers.
    * Resolved 2nd and 3rd level support issues for Lear Corporation and Ross
    Roy Corporation

    ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS	AUBURN HILLS, MI
    TECHNICAL SUPPORT (BUSINESS ANALYST)	1996–1997
    * Worked on Xerox account's Technical Support Center (TSC) as phone
    support analyst.
    * Supported clients worldwide on usage of Xerox network - Novell 4.11
    and Windows 95.

    OBSERVER & ECCENTRIC NEWSPAPERS 	LIVONIA, MI
    TECHNICAL SUPPORT / COMPUTER OPERATOR	1993–1996
    * Sole technical support person for O&E On-Line!, a dial-in Internet
    Service Provider (ISP)
    * Supported O&E On-Line customers with installation, configuration, and
    use of O&E On-Line software package, including Windows 95 for the dial-up
    connection, Eudora Email and Internet Explorer
    * Designed web pages in HTML for RealNet, O&E On-Line's real estate
    listing website.

    EDUCATION
    University of Michigan	Ann Arbor, MI
    Bachelor of Arts in Political Science	1987-1993

    LANGUAGE SKILLS
    Spanish (beginning), French (intermediate), Japanese (beginning-
    intermediate)