Security Professional seeking position in Chicagoland Area - resume in-line

From: Kevin Martin (kevintmat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 15:02:49 PST

    I'm a Security/Unix/Networking professional with over 16 years of
    experience in the Financial and Manufacturing industries.  My resume is
    in-line for your review.  I would be very interested in discussing
    Full-time and Contract positions.  Please contact me if interested.

    Regards,

    Kevin Martin
    kevintmat_private

    ====
    Organized and motivated, I am a professional with excellent technical
    and management skills in Security, Network, and Systems Administration.

    HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS

    	Managed distributed Security team in a multiple firewall
    environment
    	Developed and justified budgets for firewall, IDS, and network
    security needs
    	Performed internal and external penetration testing and reported
    finding to upper management
    	Developed mitigation plans for dealing with the findings of the
    penetration testing
    	Strong organizational, analytical and managerial skills
    	Energetic, motivated, positive, flexible and results-oriented
    leader and team player
    	Adaptable to change in a fast-paced high tech marketplace
    	Highly competent in all facets of Security Hardware, Software

    EXPERIENCE

    . Stafford Trading Inc.		Chicago, IL	9/2001-9/2002
      Chief Security Officer
    . Created and justified budget information pertaining to network
    security needs.
    . Performed internal and external security scans (using such tools as
    Nessus, Nmap, Fscan, Netcat, Dsniff, DumpSec, SuperScan, PWDump3, John
    the Ripper) leading to detailed documentation pertaining to our
    vulnerabilities and steps we should take to mitigate those risks
    . Implemented NIDS (ISS) to monitor our Internet connections for
    intrusion attempts.
    . Managed firewalls (policies, installs, updates) on Checkpoint and PIX
    platforms.

    . Bank of America	Chicago, IL	3/1994 - 9/2001
      Network /Security Administrator
    . Managed a distributed team of firewall administrators that managed
    over 40 pairs of Checkpoint firewalls running Stonebeat via a
    centralized Provider-1 management system.  This installed base of
    firewalls existed in Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, San
    Francisco, and Toronto.
    . Implemented a VPN solution for SecureRemote/SecureClient access from
    bank associates from home over the Internet.
    . Managed a distributed Sendmail and DNS infrastructure.
    . Installed and maintained an array of Sun, HP-UX, NT, NeXT, and Apollo
    systems, disk subsystems, and NFS file systems.

    . Newark Electronics	Chicago, IL	4/1990 - 3/1994
      Programmer/System Engineer
    . Programmed in Fortran, C, and proprietary 4GL  languages in support of
    an automated warehouse distribution system running on a mix of
    integrated platforms.
    . Built and managed HP proprietary Image databases.

    . FMC Inc.	Conway, AR	1988-1990
      Senior Programmer
    . Programmed in Fortran, Cobol, and proprietary 4GL  languages in
    support of integrated manufacturing and accounting systems.

    COMPUTER COMPETENCIES

    Firewalls:	Checkpoint (3.0b - 4.1)	Pix 	StoneGate
    OS:		Solaris	HP/UX		Linux	Microsoft Windows (3.1 -
    XP)	Nokia IPSO
    VPN/Encryption/Authentication:	Checkpoint	Pix	PKI	RSA
    Securid	Radius
    Networking:	TCP 	UDP	Multicast	IP	IPX
    Antivirus:	McAfee AV (Groupshield, EPO, and Client)	 Norton
    AV (Client)
    IDS:	ISS RealSecure	Snort	BlackIce
    Penetration tools:	ISS Internet Scanner	Nessus	Nmap
    SuperScan	Fping	Netcat	DumpSec	Fscan	Dsniff	Pwdump3
    Content Scanning:	WebSense	FSecure AV for Firewalls
    Proxy Servers:		Inktomi		Netscape	Socks (4 and 5)

    EDUCATION

    BS Computer Information Systems (Scholarship)	DeVry Institute	Lombard,
    IL 1983 - 1986