Re: Hijack IP Address using cable modem

From: Marcin Dawcewicz (mivat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 03:12:57 PDT

    On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, russi wrote:

    > any info on com21 or rca cable modems? also, wouldnt it be possible to put a
    > cable in between  two cable modems and hook up a box to one of them and
    > switch the other on  and watch what it transmits over the cable?

    AFAIK: no. First: CM must talk to CMTS. Second: all traffic is
    encrypted. Anyway why should we try such a tricks while whole DOCSIS
    documentation (including CM to CMTS communication protocol of course) is
    available for free from www.cablemodem.com ??

    --
    pozdrawiam,

    -= Marcin Dawcewicz =-         mailto: mivat_private
    "When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free"