Winamp 2.6x / 2.7x proof of concept

From: ByteRage (byterageat_private)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 11:48:42 PDT

    I've written a simple proof of concept *.AIP file for
    the Winamp 2.6x / 2.7x buffer overflow hole I found
    recently. It will display a messagebox & kill the
    winamp process. The exploit can be launched by any
    webpage or e-mail effectively turning winamp into a
    backdoor into any windows computer. The c code is
    attached too... For some more information, check out
    http://elf.box.sk/byterage/adv2.htm
    You should rename the hackme.--- to hackme.aip first
    before you try out if the exploit works...

    greetz,
    [ByteRage]