Re: [bug]: Cause IE 5.X to crash

From: Uidam, T (Tim) (Tim.Uidamat_private)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 22:29:01 PDT

    Thanks to all who picked me up on that, but I definitely tested it (and then
    re-tested) with two slashes, not just one... sorry for the confusion, just a
    typo...

    Anyway, I have a theory behind why mine (and others) didn't crash when
    receiving the dodgy URL:
    I do *not* have the Internet Explorer's Browsing Enhancements installed...
    that's the part that renders FTP sites to look like the typical Explorer
    file system...

    Considering that IE's Browsing Enhancements tries so hard to interact with
    the system explorer (and fails at it's job of being an FTP client so
    often!), it's kinda not suprising that it crashes with an invalid request
    like that...

    I don't have a machine handy that i can test the Before/After effects of
    installing IE Browsing Enhancement... perhaps someone could get back the the
    list with their results? :)

    Hope this helps :)

    Regards,
    Tim.