Re: Valid characters on one o/s are invalid on another

From: Tim (webmaster@crazy-horse.net)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 15:27:54 PDT

    Windows 98 used to have a problem with accessing directories created with
    the character ALT+255 which is an unprintable character. You could go to
    command prompt, create a directory named the ALT+255 char and then try
    accessing it with explorer with no luck. I believe MS eventually just
    filtered the character rather than fixing it like they should have. If you
    try creating that directory in win2k it will tell you that you've entered an
    invalid syntax or something along those lines. Leave it to them to avoid an
    issue rather than solving it.