Re: rain

From: JJohnson (jjohnsonat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 15:00:37 PDT

    If you like rain, you'll also like isic.

    ISIC

    IP Stack Integrity Checker

    ISIC is a suite of utilities to exercise the stability of an IP Stack and its component stacks (TCP, UDP, ICMP et. al.) It generates piles of pseudo random packets of the target protocol. The packets can be given tendancies to conform to. Ie 50% of the packets generated can have IP Options. 25% of the packets can be IP fragments... But the percentages are arbitrary and most of the packet fields have a configurable tendancy.

    The packets are then sent against the target machine to either penetrate its firewall rules or find bugs in the IP stack.

    ISIC also contains a utility generate raw ether frames to examine hardware implementations.

    Other novel uses people have found for ISIC include IDS testing, stack fingerprinting, breaking sniffers and barraging the IRC kiddie.

    http://www.packetfactory.net/Projects/ISIC/

    This package does require libnet.  Which can be found at:

    http://www.packetfactory.net/libnet/dist/

    -miah